BEST-price japanese hotels

2016年6月30日木曜日

Gunkan island in Nagasaki ( world heritage site)



Nagasaki is a remarkable place in Japan, because Nagasaki's many places were decided to be world heritage sites.
One of them, I think, the most famous place is Gunkan island.

About two weeks ago, I went to Nagasaki with my family in order to visit my husband's grandpa and grandma.
Unfortunately, little children(0-6 years old) are not allowed to land gunkan island. I think this is because Gunkan island has so many old and dilapidated buildings. Little children sometimes act naughty and it could be dangrous if they go to banned places to go.

Gunkan Island (軍艦島)
Best for: 7 years old to adults
Access: You need to take part in one of gunkan island tour companies. We have some different companies in Nagasaki.
Reservation: You need to make a reservation in advance of the gunkan island tour companies.If they still have vacancy for the ship, you might be able to join the tour without reservation.
Fee: Depends on the gunkan island tour companies. For exaple, I paid 4,300yen per each person.
Gunkan island companies: Gunkan island concierge(095-895-9300),Gunkan island cruise(095-827-2470), Gunkan island tour(095-818-1105)


 I went to Gunkan island by Gunkan island concierge. The day was Saturday and the tour was full of people. They told us that about 140 people was the maximum on the ship.
I recomend, you should go and line up early before the time, because you can have seat on the second frour of the ship, where you can look over the sea and the gunkan island.



Gunkan island, was a island city of coal mine from 19th to 20th. 
At the time, coal is the most powerful energy, so the workers could have earned much better salary compared to the normal people living in Japan.
The prospering time, japanese first concrete building was built for workers and their families.
 
 
 

It had a hospital, theater, kindergarten, school, pool, police station, barber etc in this small island.
Almost all facilities you can imagine were built here.
 
 
 

 Many family had a developed machine at the time, just like TV, air conditioner.

The island has trees and plants. I don't know if it also had them in the era.

 
Most buildings are collapsing.
 
 
 

 
Only designated area is allowed to visit for guest's safe.
 

 The actual island was much bigger than I had imagined. I was thinking with deep emotion that many many years ago, people were living in this historical place.



When I was on my way home, I said goodbay to this lonely island. I would love to come back here in the future with my children again. This time, my children could not come with us because they are not more than 6 years old.


P.S ( the things I got suprised)
1.I found some people were fishing in the island. You will know how they can fish in the island when you join the gunkan island tour!
2. The service of the gunkan island tour company was so good. They always have english speaking stuffs, so don't need to worry about the language.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿